Boston Soft Tissue Injury Attorney
Millions of people are affected by soft tissue injuries every year, and they are one of the most common injuries reported after an accident. Have you or a loved one been impacted by soft tissue injuries in Boston? If so, The Law Office of Joseph Linnehan, Jr. is here to help. Call or contact us to learn more.
Common Types of Soft Tissue Injuries
Soft tissue injuries caused by trauma in accidents can lead to pain, swelling, bruising, and significant damage to the affected body parts. After an accident, the most common types of soft tissue injuries include the following:
- Contusion (bruise): Caused by a blunt force to the tissue that results in bleeding under the skin and often results in pain, swelling, and discoloration
- Sprain: A partial tear to a ligament that is often caused by a wrench or twist, and if the ligament is completely torn it may require surgery to repair
- Strain: A general injury to a muscle or tendon, but if a tear occurs surgery may be necessary to repair the soft tissue
- Bursitis: Can be caused by direct trauma to a joint and causes inflammation of the bursa, the sac that cushions between bones and muscles or tendons and injections may be necessary to reduce pain and swelling
What Causes of Soft Tissue Injuries?
Soft tissue injuries occur whenever an acute or traumatic force is inflicted upon the body. Blows, jolts, and blunt force can all create soft tissue injuries in an accident. Common causes of soft tissue injuries include:
- Slip and fall accidents,
- Trip and fall accidents,
- Car accidents,
- Truck accidents,
- Motorcycle accidents,
- Pedestrian accidents,
- Bicyclist accidents,
- Construction site accidents,
- Workplace accidents,
- Dog attacks, and
- Hazardous conditions on a property
When filing a claim for damages after suffering a soft tissue injury, it is important to utilize the services of an experienced personal injury attorney to ensure that you are receiving full and fair value for your case.
How a Lawyer Can Help
Most insurance companies do not treat soft tissue injuries with the seriousness that they deserve, and they often try to minimize or eliminate claims after an accident occurs. When you hire an attorney to take on your injury case, insurers know that you mean business. A lawyer handles all communication and negotiation with the insurance adjusters. They can perform their own investigation into the accident to prove liability and confirm the severity of their client’s injuries. A lawyer knows what an injury claim is truly worth and will fight for the compensation owed to their client. If an insurer is not willing to settle for a fair amount, an attorney can take your case to trial in order to collect the damages that you deserve. To learn more about how a lawyer can help in your injury case, talk to our office today.
Call or Contact The Law Office of Joseph Linnehan, Jr.
At The Law Office of Joseph Linnehan, Jr. in Boston, we do not take soft tissue injuries lightly and promise to treat your personal injury claim with the seriousness that it deserves. Call or contact us now to speak with a lawyer at our office and schedule a free consultation today.